Monday, November 14, 2011

These are a few of our favorite things

As we are nearing the end of our trip we have been talking and thinking of the many things we have seen and done. Although Jolene's favorite place is almost always whichever place she is in, the girls found it pretty easy to choose a favorite country.

Germany and Austria by Noelle

My favorite countries were Germany and Austria.

In Salzburg we saw a "floating Mozart" and ate yummy cake. There was a giant mall where I got sunglasses and ate meatballs.


I also really liked the town of Rothenburg. To start our visit there we saw pretty goats right across from our campground. We wandered into this very old town and found lots of people dressed up like in the olden days. We had a dinner of bratwurst and listened to guys singing Let It Be in German. We ended the day by watching beautiful fireworks.

In Hallstatt we stayed in a pretty campground with a great park across the street. The park had a diving board and a slide right into the lake. It also had a zip line and much more. Allie and I played on the zip line all day even in the rain. Daddy and I went to an old church that hundreds of painted skulls. They were shiny and mostly painted with flowers.

I also liked Germany because I enjoyed listening to the language and when they spoke English, the spoke with a cool accent.

I liked the bakery called Die Lohners. We had yummy pastries. Allie's favorite was called a Berliner. It had a cream filling.

Germany is very beautiful. There are big, pointy, craggy mountains and some glaciers. We got to see lots of goats and I even fed one. I called him goaty. One of his horns was all weird.

Germany was also my favorite because that's where we got Dagobert!




France by AllieZ

My favorite country is France. There are so many things to do and see. I liked riding the metro in Paris, hiking the trails near Chamonix, and exploring the half-timbered cuteness of Eguisheim.

I especially liked the variety that France offers. In five hours you can go from big cities across rolling hills over snow covered mountains to tiny villages along the coast.


I also really liked the people. They are very formal and polite and dress like they are going to the opera even if they're just going for a walk. The language is very pretty and fun to (try to) speak it.

The food was a culinary adventure. We often had no idea what we were ordering so we usually ended up with something that was unusual yet tasty. One time I thought I ordered a vinaigrette salad but it turned out to be cheese, ham, and deviled eggs in a yummy mustard sauce. I loved the bakeries. They are the best in all of Europe. Pain au chocolate was my favorite thing to order.

One of the reasons I like France so much is because France, especially Paris, is a place that almost every person knows about and we got to go there! It's cool having heard about it all my life and then getting to see it for myself.



1 comment:

  1. Hey,
    Thanks for last nigh. We had a great time with you. We are already missing you. If you don´t like Barcelona, please come back to Donosti and can stay in our apartment :)
    Take care

    ReplyDelete