Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Food, Again by AllieZ


If I had to describe French food in one word, it would be: interesting. Eating out is quite the adventure. The menus are always in French, so I pretty much choose whichever one sounds the most familiar. The first time, I thought I ordered pork with a vinaigrette salad. It turned out to be a pink gelatinous hunk of meat and a weird cheese and ham salad with mustard sauce. As you may have guessed, this was not my favorite meal ever.

French meals usually have lots of butter and sauces. They also cook meat very very rare, so if you wanted it medium rare, you'd have to order it as well done. Fondue is very popular, and spetzle, a potato noodle.

Breakfasts are my favorite. We usually go to patisseries (bakeries). There you can get eclairs, croissants, muffins, and tarts. My favorite is " pain aux chocolat, " a chocolate croissant.

Eating out is fun, but an adventure. I'll have to be careful. I might end up with something like goose liver pate for dinner!


1 comment:

  1. AZ,
    Great post!
    Good to hear from you.
    Goose liver pate, that sounds great to me!

    ReplyDelete