Friday, October 14, 2011

The Swiss Slide by AllieZ

For once, our campsite was relatively normal. No swimming pools, no saunas, no five star restaurants. But the one thing it did have, was a playground with a slide. There were no signs saying " No Children Under 12 " or saying that we had to sign wavers before riding on it We thought it was just your old, run of the mill slide. Boy, were we wrong.

The first thing we noticed was the rope tied to a bar dangling down the first five feet of the slide. The next thing we noticed was how steep it looked. Undeterred, Noelle grasped the rope and swung herself into the tube. Almost immediately, her hand slipped and she was rocketing around the corner. Although, I didn't see what happened inside the tube, I could here Noelle screeching, her shoes skidding on the plastic. A second later she was shot out the bottom.

On my turn, I saw what happened in the tunnel. First, you hold onto the rope and carefully lower yourself down until it ends and watch your feet dangle into the ominous darkness. Then once we let go, we were hurled down turn after turn, getting thrown into the sides of it. Finally, at a breakneck speed, I was spat out, and landed uncerimoniously on my butt.

We proceeded to go tell our parents how fun it was and see if they were brave enough to try it. They did, and they swore to never go on it again. Noelle and I, however, did it again, and again, and again, me getting two bruised elbows, a sore knee and a raw back.

Though the Swiss are known for perfect maintenance, I have found that parks ( at least this one ) are a problem. They accidentally put an extreme adventurer's training park in a children's playground.








1 comment:

  1. AllieZ ,
    I am absolutely amazed at your writing ability. Your blog post is interesting, scary, thrilling, witty so beautifully written. It made me laugh over and over again.

    ReplyDelete