Friday, September 30, 2011

Food by AllieZ

For me, the main thing that makes Europe different from America is the food. Although driving across countries are as short as driving through states, it's like you traveled to a whole different world. Each country has unique ( and sometimes weird) options. Here are two countries that I really liked.

1.) Italian.
I really love italian food. On the Amalfi coast they grow lemons ( yum ). I also really like gelato, Italian ice cream. It tastes so good on hot days. Okay, it tastes good on any day. And then, of course, how can you go wrong with pizza and spaghetti?

2.) Greek
I had never tried Greek food, so it was really interesting. I liked Gyros, which is a bit like a burrito, only with pork, onions, tomatoes, cucumber, French fries, and tsatsiki. Tsatsiki ( I call it pickle sauce ) was white sauce that you put on bread.
I also really liked Greek salads. It has just cucumbers, tomatoes and a chunk of feta cheese on top.


Besides eating out, going to the grocery store is a whole new experience. It makes you realize how much we rely on reading. Here, we can only use the pictures. One time, we thought we got a carton of grape juice. After Noelle tasted it, she spit it out. It turned out to be white wine.

We usually eat in our camper. For breakfast, we usually have yogurt, granola, and fruit. For lunch, we have bread, cheese, tomatoes. Then, for dinner, we have noodles, soup, or rice. I like it.

No comments:

Post a Comment