Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Haikus by AZ


On the really long driving days as daddy curses the car, mama tries (and fails) to find where we are on the map, and Noelley sleeps, I keep myself occupied by writing these cool little poems. They don't have rhythm or rhyme and are easy to write. They consist of five syllables on the first line, seven on the second, and five on the last. They are especially fun when you are mad at someone. These are some that I made up.


Rothenburg
Tiny cottages,
Night watchmen tours and brautwurst.
A land in the past.


Dagobert
Loud and colorful
Small, cramped, old and practical
You are now my home.


Spider
Though you feed the birds,
You small, gross eight legged creature,
I will now squash you.


Castles
After a few weeks,
Though beautiful and medeival,
They all looks the same.


Ode To An Eraser
Small, squishy and pink
On the end of a pencil,
You can undo time.


Books
Paper, small, heavy.
Although just words and pictures,
Take me far away.


These are the only times when I don't have fun. Mostly because I have time to think about school, home, and how much I miss everybody.


1 comment: